Monday, December 19, 2011

A deep conversation with a Scorpion

Dear Jungle Lovers, Welcome back. I am going to speak about a conversation I had with a Big-Black Scorpion several years back.

Let me keep my liberty to call him Mr. Scorpion.

In the year 1997, I  was a student at Hyderabad Central University. In his introductory speech, our registrar had asked us to view the wild elements in the campus as respectable as gentlemen/ladies and treat them with due references (That's why Mr.Scor.).

It was almost 7 months past after that speech, I realized that Scorpions especially are more respectable than others in that huge campus. The campus was otherwise home to wild boars, deer and numerous sober snakes (not due to the wide presence of pea-fowls and Indian Grey Mongoose...they were indeed sober). The scorpions were so much used to come in front of us anywhere and anytime that they did command more respect as a species than the others...

Mr. Scorpion
 Well... I think I was not feeling very well that day... I was out on a walk toward the peacock lake and midway I was approached by Mr. Scorpion. Before even I could take my hat off and say good evening to him (Please don't ask me how I figured that out ) I guess he thought it was too late and I was not in the mood of greeting him...So he rose his tail straight and with the vengeance of a cougar he came straight to teach me some manners. I said sorry...very sorry...very very sorry...I apologize for my indisputably insolent attitude...but it was too late for everything...the attack seemed non-stoppable...I thought for a moment and an idea just struck me..."Oh, how about that?" I just remembered my grandfather...when I was a kid he emphatically told me that if a man uses his brain he is the most powerful even when he is in the most disadvantaged circumstances...that's it...I will not run away and I will use my brain...

Here is what I did. I pointed my finger at him in a way that he would think its easy to dunk me down by stinging the finger. I let him forget that I have a perfectly big body which can be targeted more conveniently otherwise. When he ran for my finger, I humbly begged for an apology and I started circling my finger around him. He ran for it in rounds and rounds to get my finger...I remember I told him once..."Sir, I am sorry for what I have done. But you can just cool off and let it go."...to no avail.
After circling in bigger circles, I now reduced my finger circling to smaller circles and even smaller but rapider. After facing huge heart beat to compete with the speed and blown completely off by the pressure to handle his anger...and exactly after 5 minutes and 38 seconds...I found Mr. Scorpion stuck at one place...with the tail straight erect ...I waited...no movements...45 seconds past no movement...I tapped my feet... no movements...well...I guess he is thinking....I thought its time for me to go...
I put my hat back on my head and walked off.

I returned after spending a good four hours in the lake and other rocky structures. I was not expecting Mr. Scorpion there. I took my hat off to say hi to him...still no response...I tapped my feet...clapped my hands...whistled...blew air from the mouth...still no movement...I was very sad...
Later, I came to a conclusion that his brain might have fused in the heavy tension and pressure he had to under go for a whole five minutes and thirty eight seconds...
I apologized again...said sorry again...I dragged my feet toward my next destination ...

That was my deepest conversation with Mr. Scorpion...

Talk to you later...









1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...